Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dear Sweet Center,

Sometimes the answer just is "because I said so" and really really arguing with me won't change that. Taking your DS to bed is not a good idea and the only thing I can tell you is that I'm trying to help you sleep. Not get all amped up before I have to come in and force lights out. If I give in and let you play one video game at bedtime, then when it's really time for lights out, you'll just try and argue with me some more. I've learned (oh, yes, I've learned a thing or two from you) that sometimes giving someone a reason "why" just means giving them a ammunition to continue pushing their own argument, regardless of the merit of that argument. It's like this winding circle that you insist upon twisting around our discussion. Man, you're gonna make a killer lawyer or used car sales man someday.

I'm tired, you're tired. Let's just kiss and hug and agree to disagree.

Love, Mama

No comments: