Tuesday, December 02, 2008

First clear one thing and then get ready for another...

Believe it or not, a report was written (by an actual doctor) that included my name and the words "brain scan", and "normal." So, clearly the headaches aren't caused by a growth or some weirdo tear. Now, I get to be a guinea pig on medicine and try to find one that works to stop the headaches before they start. For now, I'm taking a pill with each meal. That's 3 times a day. And is difficult for me, because I don't eat 3 times a day. I mostly graze and eat throughout the day...but I can't do that anymore.

So, positive changes are coming, I guess. Hubba Hubba really wants me to chill out with all my activities and find something that I can let go of to save my sanity. I guess he doesn't approve of me trying to be Wonder Woman. I elected to start with Committee Chair of our cub scout pack. Someone else gets to receive the rude emails and go to all the meetings. PHEW! That one wasn't really hard to let give up; except for Sir Toot's disappointment. But, we explained that I liked being nice and fun and it was time to do something so that I could stay that way. I can still volunteer, but I'm not in charge of the Pack anymore.

On another note....I got a phone call yesterday from Sir Toot's teacher. They want to test him for learning disabilities. The esteemed school district does not feel that he is where he should be for reading and writing skills. In other words, his 1st grade brain is not testing at a 3rd grade level. They are very big on testing around here. This is Texas, where King George rolled out the intro program that eventually turned into No Child Left Behind on a national level. Scores matter around here big time.

I have a call in to the teacher and the school counselor to discuss and we'll see what they say. Hubba Hubba and I agree that we should go ahead with the testing and see what they find. We certainly don't want to be the reason he's not enjoying "Arthur Goes to Washington" with the other kiddos as they sit in a circle and hum sweet little songs.

No comments: