Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The British are coming! The British are coming!!

Not really....but....See? Now you're as worked up as I am about the imminent arrival of my father-in-law. He's always made me a bit nervous. And now he's coming to our new house in Texas. Well, yes we have been here 2 1/2 years, but it's his first visit and I can't help but be a little bit nervous. Hims cultured and stuff. And he'll be here almost an entire week with our little simpleton family.

I love Hubba Hubba's family. The rest of them are really nice normal people and I really enjoy seeing them, but his dad has this thing with a pipe and a slow cadence that makes my little heart stop. Not in a smooth way, just in a totallly intimidated way that makes me feel that whatever I was going to say would be inappropriate. After 12 years you'd really think I would be over it. But, I'm not. I think it has to do with the fact that we got married so young and please, dear God, let this man think that his son chose well in picking me to be his bride.

The carpets are (relatively) clean and the rooms are as organized as they are going to be at this point. Nothin' else I can do but pick him up at the airport this afternoon and hope for the best. I'm still trying to figure out what to do him and Hubba-Hubba's little brother over the next few days. I'm sure we'll have fun. I just need to keep my mouth shut and not say anything too shocking or out of the realm of acceptance. Think The Boys can do that? Ya, me neither.

I am looking forward to a stress free visit in 2 weeks with Grammy and Auntie Courtney. That will definitely be fun. :)

Think good thoughts for me today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some advice for you: chill, and to hell with him if he doesn't approve. He's the one who should be intimidated, seeing as he hasn't been to visit you in 2 & 1/2 years! So. Relax. Have a drink. Breathe. And, if all else fails, tell him his butt's on fire.

Anonymous said...

Auntie Zeus beat me to the punch. Every time you think he is superior to you in any way, remember the way he ignores his children & grandchildren, and how he behaved in his first marriage - and even his current for that matter. He is a legend in his own mind.
Amen, amen to the other response. And remember, everything he says and does is for show; you are for real.
HRH(Her Royal Highness)