Thursday, April 05, 2007

not your average blog

okay, so I know that people enjoy reading blogs where there's some drama or general feeling of "let's-end-this-marriage-before-we-kill-each-other" type of humor. Unfortunately if that's what you want today then you need to go bookmark yourself to somewhere else. It's not always sunshine and white tulips around here, but today is a good day for me and I want to write about it so.... since you showed up......

I realized last night why I like being married. Especially to Hubba Hubba. He came home from work and I followed him into our bedroom like a little lost puppy. He's trying to get the tie off as quickly as possible and I just look at him. Really look. and I realized how surprised I feel that after all this time that I still get a bit of a jolt when I realize that he's mine. Like I won the lottery of life. I didn't know it would be like this. I don't think I've ever seen it before in a real life marriage.

So, this tender feeling flows over me and I must be smiling like a loony because he looks at me like he's worried about having to recommit me to Nutward. Fortunately the moment passed and we made it through dinner without incident.

But, it was nice to be reminded how special he is and how lucky we are.

So, pardon the gushy feeling today. I promise to try and get back to snot jokes and other rampant things tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you already know how truly blessed you are to have this wonderful marriage. Have I told you (both) enough how blessed I feel that my son has chosen his soul mate to share this journey through time with??
HRH

Shell Bell said...

Hey, I get the same feelings about my DH. Just the occasional annoyance about stupid things. I think we both ended up pretty lucky.