Wednesday, August 23, 2006

PreK and Lice

So I'm dropping off Sir Toots a Lot this morning and there's this HUGE sign that screams "LICE!" on the door that leads into his classroom. Gah, I'm so freaked right now. I did NOT want to leave him, but as Hubba Hubba said, 'if he was going to have them, he'd have them by now.' This before the teacher tells me it takes 6 days for new eggs to hatch. uuuhhhhooohhhhh.
I'm itching and trying not to think about what poor Sir Toots is hatching on top of his sweet little head. We don't need lice. We have dust mites and dust bunnies to keep us company. Lice really wouldn't like us. I know there's a movement to bring these vile creatures into the mainstream and take away the stigma, but good god, I can't get over the icky feeling.

Please God, no lice, I promise to be good forever and ever. Amen.

UPDATE:
Only one little child had lice. he was sick on Monday morning and when his mom took him to the pedi they found the lice. Okay, how sad is it that this little boy had lice, but his mom didn't know until his pedi pointed it out to her?!? Well, the good news is that no one else has it and the infected one was only at school for an hour before he left to go to the doctor. Fingers crossed that my prayer was answered and we won't get lice. :) Say a prayer for me. And please let me know that you said a quickie. I'm sure God won't mind. He's cool like that.

No comments: