Monday, September 18, 2006

I always said my second husband would be cute...

He's the sweetest, kindest, most michevious groom you've ever met! He waited until after dinner and then picked a flower out of the bouquet and asked his father to "marry us, okay?" Stairway to Heaven was on the radio and the lights were turned off in the kitchen and living room. Bathroom lights stayed on, just in case the groom needed to make a midwedding run. Four year olds tend to pee quite frequently, as I'm sure you've heard.

I thought the flower was for me, but alas, it was for the groom. Sir Toots informed me that since he was the prince he got to hold the flower- between his teeth. Think Spanish bull fighter, but with a yellow daisy. He put his arm around my back and said that we must dance if we are going to get married. I wasn't aware of this new tradition, but it was a fun spin around the kitchen none the less.

Hubba Hubba held up the flashlight and officially asked Sir Toots if he would take his mommy to be his mommy for ever and ever. Sir Toots shook his head Yes and then removed the flower to lean in and kiss me. It was actually a bit more convincing then my first wedding day! :) Sweet Center served as Best Man and stood by and cheered us on.

My new name is "Princess". I tried to get the title Queen, but I was told that I married a Prince and that means I'm a Princess.

Now, after discussing our honeymoon plans (the toy room is getting top votes, right now) I'm sitting here letting him draw all over my legs with the pen he stole out of my purse. I figure that I have to sacrifice for the good of the new marriage. It's a fragile thing and must be properly cherished. I won't analyze that I married a man and the first thing he did was go for my purse.

So, I'm taking Sir Toots to be my Sir Toots for ever and ever. We have matching wedding tattoos to prove it.

No gifts, please. Knowing that you smile and that you too cherish our love is enough of a present for us.

No comments: