Monday, September 04, 2006

Succumbing to self pity

Merriam Webster: SUCCUMB
to be brought to an end (as death) by the effect of destructive or disruptive forces. Synonym: to Yield

For the last 6 days I have suffered, and I truly mean SUFFERED, from strep throat. (**WARNING: strong visual coming up!**)The icky lining on my throat went away on day 3, but the lovely antibiotics brought on vomiting and diarrhea from hell during day 2. I do not believe that I have watched so much go in and come out so quickly in my entire life. Poor little me couldn't even drink a Diet Coke at the baseball game on Sunday. And really, if a girl can't enjoy her Diet Coke outside in the summer sun at the ballpark, then tell me what is the point of living?

Poor Hubba hubba has slept beside Grumpy Bitch and then actually had to interact with her during the long weekend. At least last week he was able to escape to work. On Thursday we had a phone call that went something like this:
me: (small voice) help
HH: Who's there
me: Why is the toilet taunting me?
HH: Sweetie, take some medicine and go to bed
This last line was punctuated by a prolonged sigh and then: I have to go.....uhm...to a meeting, yea, I have to be in a meeting for the rest of the afternoon. See you tonight!

So, I was left to myself. Just me and The Golden Girls on Lifetime.

No comments: