Monday, September 04, 2006

You put your right arm in....

Riding in the car yesterday talking to The Boys. A sweet neighbor was kind enough to give us tickets to a major league baskeball game for yesterday afternoon. How swell is baseball on a Sunday afternoon?!? Sweet Center went to her house to pick the tickets up.
Side Note: I have this fear that my children will, God forbid, forget to appropriately thank someone when I'm not around. This fear ranks right up there with worrying that, thanks to current White House policy, my grandchildren will not get to enjoy public parks or something.
Anyway, I asked just to make sure that Sweet Center showed his appreciation when he was given the tickets. He grunted in the affirmative and kept playing his gameboy.
Well, Sir Toots joins in the conversation by asking,"Did you raise your hand? Huh? Did you raise your hand before you talked to her?"

I wanted to start singing: Do the Hokey-Pokey. You put your right arm in and you shake it all about....

I guess Hubba Hubba and I have beaten that horse to death, huh? The good news is that it's actually working at school! We've gotten two good reports on his behavior since we started the whole raise-your-hand-to-make-sure-it's-okay-to-talk ritual.

And really, That's What It's All About!!

No comments: