Monday, December 11, 2006

So, you come here often?

Hello. Do you remember me? Well, I've been a bit wrapped up and while I haven't forgotten that I have a blog, I have just forgotten what it means to have time to write for one. :) I haven't had anything witty or silly to share. Well, that's not true...I have, I just haven't had time to put it down. I FINALLY finished my final for school. I'm taking one frickin' class and it totally kicked my ass. Working, having kids, being a wife and trying to maintain a fairly decent grade for school has been extremely hard. Add in the mess I got myself into with work and it's been one helluva party. I made the stupid mistake of thinking that I could trust someone who I work with. I shared that I was looking at ways to earn a little extra cash and was working part time. Well, this translated to my boss that I was working part time for her and then spending my other days eating bon bons and working 2 days a week at another gig. Well, wouldn't that be nice? I would love to be able to do that. Unfortunately I can't. and really unfortunately this coworker took her misinterpretation of our conversation to my boss who totally overreacted. I'm now in deep trouble and even though another person who was privvy to the conversation backs me up, I'm still required to account for my time between the hours of 8am to 5pm. Now, I know that I can't bitch because many people are required to work solid during this time, but it's one of the perks of my job. I have autonomy during the day. I work and accomplish what I need to, but my job certainly doesn't lend itself to hour by hour accountability. Well, at least it didn't until last Tuesday. My worksheet details my time and I just have to suck it up "until further notice."

So, between that and comparing and contrasting the leadership styles of King Saul and King David, my brain is totally fried.
I do believe that I have 2 weeks until Christmas. This is good, because I have to do my shopping for The Boys. I think Toys R Us is open until 10pm and I just may have to take advantage of this extended time to get it done. And really, the hardest part is that we are trying to do Christmas with cash. No VISA for us this year. We tried it last year and it sorta worked. Hopefully this year we can be successful and enjoy January.

So, I promise to come up with something witty in the next few days. I really do. Besides, I'm finally done with my class. I haven't talked myself into signing up for another one in the Spring. I think I will in the next few days, but for now I'm holding off. Tomorrow I shall enjoy the peace of no class. A few of us are talking about getting together for margarita's. That definitely sounds like something I can find time for.

***Update on Sweet Center's basketball***
He's doing AWESOME! He has the best shot on the team and they are really and truly working their butts off on offensive plays and defensive manuevers. It's fun to watch them win! I don't have the humming in my belly that I get at a playoff Mavs games, but it's pretty darn close so far!

No comments: