Friday, December 22, 2006

13 Things I Want The Boys to Learn

13. How to really be friends with each other
12. How to give and receive love unconditionally
11. That life happens one day at a time
10. This means that you should enjoy something special in everyday
9. And that you shouldn't worry too much about what's going to happen b/c you have to roll with the punches anyway
8. That they are loved so much by so many people that it's a bit ridiculous
7. To follow their Father's example and grow into wonderful husband's and men of their own
6. Patience in all things
5. How to really laugh
4. That the companionship of a good dog is an amazing gift
3. To take responsibility for their actions
2. That faith is a personal and individual thing but they must decide what they truly believe, otherwise they will be like ships in a storm being swayed by every wind of opinion
1. That Hubba Hubba and I will love them beyond reason no matter what they say or do for their entire lives

I'm learning to really appreciate what treasures The Boys are to me and the things they teach me everyday are unbelievable. Whether it's an sweet gentle hug from Sweet Center just b/c he knows I need one or a silly giggle and a joke from Sir Toots, I only hope to pass along some of the wisdom they have shown me.

No comments: