Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I think I've been here before

I remember during undergrad coming home after class and Sweet Center would be crashed either on my side of the bed or in his own. Sleeping like an angel. An angel whose mother wasn't there to give him a good night kiss. I have to admit that I really love seeing them all curled up and sleeping with sweet little boy dreams running through their head. Dreams of open fields and puppy dog tails. Or, according to Sir Toots, it's more like dragons and little blue men.

BUT, darnnit, grad school is getting in the way of bedtime. I know that I have to do this for myself and really, one night a week isn't that big of a deal. I know this. Really, I do. But, I have just finally been included in the nightly reading ritual! yes, this makes me really happy! I have finally been given the privilege of reading "Star Wars- Return of the Jedi". I never thought I would miss reading about Handy Solo and Luuuuuke Skywalker~ we have come up with our own nicknames for all the characters. I know, I know, it's sacrilege to defame Star Wars, but I must say to Sir George Lucas that we have made the story a bit better.

AND you'll never guess what we are going to be for Halloween. Guess! Come on, really you already know. Sweet Center shall be Darth Vader and Sir Toots is going to be the young Anakin before he betrayed all that he loved and turned all dark and twisty inside. Me? oh, Mama gets to be Leia. How cool is that? Hubba Hubba wants to be Handy Solo, but I think he would be a fabulous Wookie. Besides, I think Leia had a thing for the Wookie. Or was it Luuuuuke that she kisses? I was never entrenched in the lore of the galaxy far, far away like Hubba Hubba so I have trouble keeping the story straight. I guess I'll just have to keep reading the story to find out who she actually ends up with. For now, my money is on the Wookie. I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments: