Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Technically it's Thursday

so on with my Thursday Thirteen. This week I picked '13 things I could live without' in honor of my grumpy gross day yesterday.

13) The toll tag people.
12) Sticky stuff on the bottom of trash bags when you pull them out of the trash can (What is that stuff!?! Do I want to know?)
11) Socks everywhere in the house and not a single mate to be found for the one in my hand at 7:45am.
10) Finding a red shirt that needs to be washed right after I have finished folding all my colors.
9) Teachers who don't communicate.
8) Not being able to find the phone when it's ringing.
7) Little boys who feel it's necessary to wake me by slinging a stuffed animal into my face at 4am. :)
8) Not having cash after I have just gone to the ATM. I only find out when I'm trying to leave a parking garage. I always get the "you are an idiot" look from the man managing the booth and he doesn't believe me when I tell him that I had 10 bucks this morning but it disappeared around the same time as Hubba Hubba.
7) People on their cell phones who totally ignore the real live people around them. (I could do a whole post on this topic b/c it bugs me so much!)
6) When the last piece of bread is in that not-soft-but-not-hard place and I can't decide if my ham sandwich is worth it.
5) Rude people at the store who are crowding my space before I'm done buying my stuff. Please, I promise to move, just give me a minute to get it all together. I don't plan on living out my life at the checkout counter.
4) When any sports player gets excited by something they have done on the field/court/arena. I mean really, is all the chest slamming necessary? You get paid to tackle/slam dunk/defend for a living. Be happy on the inside that you did your job today. Tomorrow might be a different story and then won't you look silly?
3) Finding that I drank the last diet coke on the last run to the fridge and I didn't even notice, so now I can't have one.
2) Finding that Hubba Hubba drank the last diet coke on his last run to the fridge and now I can't have what I most desire in the whole world. It seems to be a much bigger occassion when Hubba Hubba does this, I'm not sure why. :)
1) And last, but not least, I could do without Bill O'Reilly in the world. Or Paris Hilton. It's a toss up on who I want to disappear from public life more.

1 comment:

Diana said...

13 things I can live without...hmmm, here goes

1) Dogs that take too long outside when it is cold and rainy

2) Another business trip...unfortunately they keep on coming

3) A husband :-)

4) 15 additional pounds

5) Whining, I succumb to this occasionally, but hate it when I do.

6) Another episode of Lost that gets the story nowhere

7) Halloween...I can't figure out why we celebrate this. I know it is fun to watch the kids, but what really is the point?

8) Another Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie

9) Guilt! I am really trying to live without this!

10) Extra innings in tonights baseball game (I'm really tired and want to go to bed.)

11) Terrell Owens, need I say more?

12) Another Louis Vuitton purse

And finally,
13) If Bill O'Reilly is gone then I must do without Hilary Clinton...but I do agree Paris Hilton could go too.