Wednesday, October 18, 2006

life and all the normal stuff

Ever feel like the world is ganging up on you? Yea, me too.
From ridiculous toll tag fees to The Boys getting into random trouble at school. I really, really want to rant about the injustice of the fact that they get 2 YEARS to issue a citation, but the we, the little people, get 30 days to cough up whatever random amount they choose to fine us. Like $757, to be exact b/c they didn't update the computer information on Hubba Hubba's new car- the one he bought in the Spring of 2005 and so the system didn't register his car when he drove through it every day to work and so we were fined for each time he drove on the tollway. Yes, every day. To and from work. As I sat on hold today while they tried to figure out what to do about our account, I said a prayer. Then another. It helped a bit. Then I practed picturing my breathing. That helped too. I had a meeting to go to, I couldn't be all crazy b/c I was upset at the injustice of it all.

As for The Boys, neither one can quite articulate what they have done to warrant their punishment. Sir Toots is supposed to go to the pumpkin patch next week and yet his teacher doesn't feel that his behavior warrants a field trip. Regardless of the fact that I've gotten NO WARNING that he's been misbehaving. Can I fix something if I don't even know about it's existence? Evidently seven children in his class got ugly notes from the teacher today for random reasons. I think I shall call this phenomen "TPMS" for Teacher PMS. Is that rude? Well, I think it's rude that she wants to deny the kid a field trip he's been looking forward to for weeks when she didn't feel it necessary to bring it to my attention. And Sweet Center has lost 35 mintues of recess from tomorrow. He has no clue what the first 30 minutes are for. The last five are because as slacker mom, I forgot to sign his folder over the weekend and so he gets punished. Damn, that's nice, isn't it? Punish the kid b/c his mom can't get her shit together and sign a simple piece of paper. I like this teacher and so I won't say this one is TPMS. This is my blog and I get to decide how to deal out the justice here, thank you very much.

Then to add the cherry on top of the day, I got my fingers stuck in a VCR while doing my meeting. When the VCR decided to give them back to me, it wanted to keep a token and thus I am without skin on my pointy fingers. OUCH! So, I'm sorry Internet. I'm sorry that I just needed to whine. Today was a do-over day and I do know it's ugly to whine, but I just needed to puke it out on the keyboard. Tomorrow I'll pray and breathe a little better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass.
See you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite quotes:

"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes they attack all at once."