Wednesday, October 11, 2006

So, it's 4am...

I must be randomly bored. or maybe it was the elbow to my side and the knee that was stretched over me that woke me. The best and worst way to be woken up? When a little warm body stretches out next to you with knees all flexed and the the arms all above their head. I can always hear that little "humpf" sound as the turn over in the space that I should be occupying. And always with some random animal or book in their arms. Whether it's Moose, Blankie, or Baby Jaguar, there's always something they gotta bring with them. Because Mama and Daddy don't sleep with anything but each other! How does that work? Totally unacceptable! We must bring them items to help them sleep better! ***By the way, it's only the worst way b/c after all, I was actually sleeping here and that was nice. Can we go back to that, please?

It's the youngest. yea, Sir Toots is the problem child right now. I really have tried the taking him back to bed thing, but at 4 years old he just doesn't get why he can't sleep with us. He's has been known to return to our room repeatedly. One night, 4 times. I'm not kidding. I gave up after that.
I wasn't this way with his brother. With Sweet Center I was determined to "do it right" and that meant not letting him sleep with us. I took him back to bed so many times it wasn't even funny. For a period of about 3 months I was a walking zombie because I was making the trek so often. It was the right thing to do, it's what the experts told us to do. Now they say it's okay. Let them cosleep as long as they want. The thought is that the little urchins will want to sleep under their own dragon blanket someday so let them decide when it should be. That's the thing about waiting 5 years to have another son. All the advice changes. And I've learned so have I. I'm much more relaxed about such things. After all, it's nice to see them so peaceful and quiet with that halo sleep effect that makes you want to curl up next to their warm little bodies. I just wish it could wait until closer to 6am.

1 comment:

Shell Bell said...

Ahhh, I'm am soooo there. At least you only have one climbing in the bed with you.. I have 2!!!! Hmmm, 4 in a queen sized bed. No wonder I wake up with a sore back from hanging off the bed half the night.. LOL Poor Andyrew there's no room for him if he decides to wander in our room too.