Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

The post is late! The post is late!
Here it is:

13 Things I Love to Hear:

13) at Nordstrom’s: Yes, we have that shoe in a size 8.
12) from the gas company: Well, you overpaid last month and so you have a credit on your account for this month. (yes, mom, this does occasionally happen!)
11) from the worker at McDonald's: One chocolate shake coming right up!
10) from a random person on the street: Well, I voted for GWB, but I question his position on the war in Iraq and I think that I'm going to vote Democrat. (occasionally heard here in Texas!)
9) from a doctor: Sure, I recommend your product to all my patients when they come in. It's the best on the market!
8) from Sweet Center: I got bonus tickets today at school because I behaved so well! and I got a 95 on my spelling test!
7) from Sir Toots: I behaved today!
6) from the cleaning crew: yes, we can be over by Friday to clean the house.
5) at home: the sound of little feet making their way to my room because they want to snuggle in bed before the start of the day.
4) from my boss: Way to go! That was a great way to handle that account/situation. By the way, here's more $! (I can dream, can't I?)
3) from my professor: Great essay! Well thought out!
2) from an old friend: Hello. How are you?
1) from Hubba Hubba: I love you. Have a good day and I'll see you tonight.
Well, really my favorite thing to hear from Hubba Hubba is the sound of his sigh and the accompanying grin when I tell him that I want us to be like the adorable old couple I saw earlier today holding hands as they walked to their car. I'm sure he's aware of how desperately I want us to have that same kind of love and admiration after a long life together. He lets me know with his sigh and a grin that he'd enjoy that too. At least I think that's what he means. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can get behind this.
13 Things I love to hear (in no particular order):

1. From my boss: "Why don't you take the rest of the day off?"
2. From Jacob or Caleb: "Hi, Aunt Courtney!"
3.From anyone: "Have you lost weight?"
4. From my friend Melany: "How about some effervescence?" (Code for: Let's go to The Claddagh and drink Strongbow with fish & chips.)
5. "Co-ourt-neeee" as sung by my friend Caroline when she calls.
6. "You've just won/inherited/been given 100 million dollars!!" (I can dream, can't I?)
7. Rick Springfield.
8. Bonnie Raitt.
9. "That's on sale."
10. From a customer: "Thanks for all of your help. Are you the manager?"
11. From my Mom: "Court-e-nia-Maria-Pe-pia."
12. From my brother, Matt: Any words at all will do. ;)
13. From anyone who seems to think I might not be old enough: "May I see your I.D., please?"

Diana said...

13 things I love to hear:

1)From my boss: Good job!
2)from any of my grandchildren: I love you Grandma (this is especially nice from Sir Toots as he doesn't say it often)
3) From my friend at work: Aren't you taking this afternoon off after all the traveling you did this week?
4) From the clerk at Starbucks: Low-fat, sugar free vanilla latte coming right up
5) From my WW weigh in person: down 3 lbs this week!
6) From ANY man at the moment: Would you be willing to give me your phone number so I can call you for dinner sometime soon?
7) From either one of my son-in-laws: Sure your a great mother-in-law! (I can dream can't I?)
8) From ex-husband #2: you don't need to send me any more alimony payments. I'm doing fine without them (This really IS dreaming!)
9) From my sister: Your laundry is done and your house is all clean when you get home from your trip this week.
10)At home: The sound of Jack's paws on the floor as he makes his way to jump up on my lap
11)From the internet: "You've got mail and I open it up to see a real email from an old friend
12) Music: Rob Thomas bellowing out "This is how a heart breaks"
13) From nature: The sound of raindrops on my bedroom window on a lazy Sunday morning and knowing I don't have to get out of bed quite yet...