Monday, January 29, 2007

9 years 354 days and counting....

Our 10th anniversary is almost here. No, I'm not getting my big ole' fat party (remember, I did just quit my job) and so we have reached a compromise. We are putting a cd together. Like you used to do in high school when you had a mad crush on the boy in your math class and you just couldn't bear to be rejected and so all that teenage angst was put to use by making a mixed tape. Oh, wait, was that just me?
Anyway, Hubba Hubba and I are trying to create an album that encapsulates our relationship. I called dibs on Maddona "Like a Virgin" and Hubba Hubba told me that he wasn't sure that would spell love to people who will get the album, you know, like his mother. Damn, honey, we played that song at our wedding. He looked me and said, "yes, well, we didn't think you would still be around so it was okay to let you have a little fun then." I'm kidding, he didn't really say that. But, some of the people at our wedding thought it. Fortunately we've weathered a lot the last 10 years and we still get crazy mad googly eyes with each other. And I still insist on being his first kiss when he comes home in the evening. Don't laugh, I've had to shove children out of the way to make this happen some days!
Anyway, I know that several of you read this blog and don't comment, but I would so appreciate any ideas, thoughts, suggestions on songs that you think we should include on this album. We want to mail them out next weekend so that they actually arrive before our anniversary. So, please leave a comment or drop me an email (mrsderusha@gmail.com) if you have a suggestion. Or even a silly story to share that somehow involves us within the last 12 years because I need inspiration for the artwork that will accompany said album.

By the way, we had our preanniversary dinner this past weekend and had so much fun talking about how important many of you have been to us on this journey. We've had many good memories over the years and I'm not sure that just mailing you a cd will allow you to get that, but it's cheaper than a party and so it will have to do for now. :)

No comments: