Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Catch up...

Well, the packages have all been opened (except for the extras to go along with the XBOX for Hubba Hubba) and the trimmings are on their way into boxes. Hopefully all will be normal in our house by this weekend. We had an excellent holiday and it was full of love, family and sweet memories.

Sir Toots has a new thing and frequently shouts out "your butts on fire" to the nearest person. We're not exactly sure what this means, but hopefully this too shall pass, as they say. Because, really, my butts not on fire and I'm tired of checking. :)
Sweet Center enjoyed his time off from school. We had one minor altercation and he learned that adults can act like children when they don't stop and think. Seeing him cry because he made a mistake and then was humiliated for it was super hard on mom, but he's come through it okay. He was playing with a few kids and was rude to them when another boy came along that he really wanted to play with and decided to leave them. They wanted to come along and he told them no, it was just going to be him and this other kid. Ouch to them. Their mom got mad at him and instead of pointing out his mistake and how it made her boys feel, she reacted way too harshly and told him that if he was going to be that way that he couldn't come to their house and play- ever again. Yea, that's a nice thing to say to a 9 year old. Dude, he can't grasp the whole time thing waiting for his basketball game this weekend. So, I made a few calls to get the whole story and he's apologized to the boys he offended. Unfortunately you can't change time and take it back so we had to discuss how sometimes people say hurtful things and react without thinking, but really kid, you gotta include everyone when you play. Being left out is not a nice thing and it is hurtful. So, lesson learned, hopefully.

Other than that, things went super well over the holiday. I'm over my bout of pneumonia and back up and running on all cylinders. Hubba Hubba got his coveted XBOX and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I haven't lost him to an electronic mistress. I figure if I really have to drag out the lingerie and strut then I will, but I'm hoping it won't come to that. He doesn't really need those nightmares, no matter how naughty he's being!

I am so far behind on updating this thing and need to catch up. Trying to cram it all into one post isn't really fun b/c I leave out stuff. Like the sound of Pop's voice as he said grace over the Christmas meal. The sound of love covered in tears of joy was a special moment that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Surrounded by family and knowing that all is really well in the world was a magical moment that I will hold onto well past 2006. I'm trying not to look over my shoulder waiting on a smack in the face to pay me back for all my happiness.

Because, really, my butts been on fire several times over the last few days and that's enough for now.

No comments: