Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Four is fabulous

I'm getting ready to be out of town for the next 3 days. No big deal, just the usual quarterly company meeting. But, this is the first time that Sir Toots has expressed any sort of trepidation to me traveling. When we talked about it last night hIs eyes popped and asked if I was ever coming back. Huge brown eyes looking at me like he couldn't believe that I would dare contemplate taking off into the wide blue yonder. After I assured him that I would be returning in plenty of time to get him off to school on Friday, he was much better. Promising to pick him up early made it even better.

I spent a little extra time getting him into bed. It was so nice to just lay in his bed with him and listen to him talk. He's finally at the age where he can remember things. Even if his sense of time is off, like talking about Papaw accidently cutting a hole in his blue and yellow pants "last night." Well, Sir Toots, I believe that happened when he was here at Christmas. Papaw was putting your air hockey table together and you got too close when you were trying to help. Do you remember that? He concentrates for a minute and then slowly looks at me and grins. "No, but your butts on fire!"

No comments: